Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 1: Meals

And so it begins!!!


So lets begin at the beginning - Breakfast!
(All Jenny pre-packaged meals are in italics)

1700 - 2300 Calories Menu Day 1 

Breakfast:
 Blueberry Pancakes and Veggie Sausage 
w/ Lite Table Syrup
1 Fruit
1 Cup Non  Fat Milk

Okay, so this breakfast is pretty basic and sounds pretty good. I set my daughter up with some toys in the living room while I stepped into the attached kitchen and began making each of our breakfast meals. Being as my daughter has to eat whatever it is Mommas eating, I also made her silver dollar pancakes, just without the sausage. At first glance I could see the pancakes were a bit darker than the normal, assuming this is from some sort of wheat or fiber in them that isn't in your typical batter, and the veggie sausage looked like any piece of sausage. However, while cooking in the microwave I was hit with the most awful smell! It was the turkey sausage and it absolutely turned my stomach! However, I was willing to try pretty much everything on my Jenny pre-planned menu.

Once the meal was ready I transferred it onto a regular glass plate, albeit a small one and fixed my daughter her favorite Princess plate and set the table for us. I do have to say here however that I hadn't yet been to the grocer so I didn't have any fruit or non fat milk to have with my meal. I only had the Jenny meal to eat.

My review of this meal? It taste much better than it smelled! The pancakes with the pre package bit of syrup taste just like any other blueberry pancakes I had ever had and even the syrup didn't have that fake sweet taste, it tasted just like regular out of the bottle syrup! My first bite of the turkey sausage was a bit hesistant after being hit with such a scent while cooking but I was very pleasantly surprised to learn it tasted nothing like it smelled, in fact it tasted quite good!

Overall the meal was fine, obviously the portions are something I have to try to adjust to a bit but the meal was very good. Of course having a sixteen month old daughter I did have to share a bit with her and she loved the turkey sausage!



Morning Snack
Anytime Bar - Chocolate and Peanut Butter
1 Fruit

I tossed this bar in the purse and ate it after leaving my doctors office in the morning and on the way to the grocery store so I had no fruit to eat with it. This was definitely a highlight to the meals. Not going to lie it tasted nothing like a Reeses Cup by any means - not that I had been told it would or expected it to but I don't want to peanut butter and chocolate to be misleading to anyone. It was sweet and almost tasted like a candy bar but of course not quite. It was good, small, but very good.



Lunch**
Asian Style Orange Chicken 
Garden Salad w/ Jenny Dressing

With the Asian Style Orange Chicken I fixed a large baby spinach and herb lettuce salad with sugar snap peas, carrots, tomatoes and I searched and searched for that Jenny Dressing but I seemed to have lost it! I put some Parmesan cheese on the salad, swapped out for the cottage cheese I would not be eating as my after dinner snack (or any other time in my life for that matter!) and used my fat serving to have an oil and vinegar dressing.


The salad was good, the Jenny meal was better! In fact it was amazing! Absolutely five stars. There's nothing more I can say other than that. It was superb. The orange flavor was strong, the rice and peppers rich, everything about this meal was incredible. Very, very good!
**(Okay, though I did make it to the grocery store, my daughter hadn't slept well the night before and threw quite a few tempter tantrum in the store which is incredibly unlike her. So unlike her that I grabbed a few items and got out of the store as soon as possible. My daughter is incredibly well behaved so this concerned me. I brought her home and tried to get her to lay down for a nap but by the time she fell asleep and got a bit of a nap in, it was time to take her to her doctors appointment. There we learned she is teething and weening herself off of her two naps a day so we are to expect her to be fussier than usual. She also had to get three shots at the end of this appointment. After getting these shots, the last of which we were told burned pretty badly, she was hysterical in my arms clinging to me and she began to say, "Sorry Momma Sorry!" 

This shattered me! My mother had joined us at the doctors much to her pleasure as she hadn't made it to one yet in the baby's 16 months of life. She and I looked at each other as soon as the words left my daughters mouth and I could see my surprise and heartache reflected in her eyes. We were heartbroken and shocked! We didn't know she even knew the word sorry let alone would associate it with getting hurt! Where had she learned that? More importantly what had happened to her that she was taught to associate saying sorry with getting hurt?! I was distressed by this, more so than I'm going to talk about here but the moment was heartbreaking. My mother, being a first time grandmother, decided than and there that we were going to Wal-Mart and getting her a present! 

On the way to Wal-Mart we did stop at McDonalds to get the baby an ice cream and I am proud to say that I came very close to ordering an ice cream cone. I stopped not only because I'm on this diet but because I never would have ordered an ice cream cone from McDonalds any other day I wasn't going to order now just because I couldn't have it! 

By the time we left Wal-Mart and got home it was six o'clock. So I did have my lunch, but I had it at six in the evening.)


Mid-Day Snack
2 Fruits
6 oz Nonfat Yogurt
1 Tbl Almonds

I ate this snack immedieatly after I hate my lunch at six or seven in the evening because I did plan on eating my dinner as I don't usually get into bed before 1 or 2 in the morning anyway. So I went ahead and had this snack so that I could get that last meal in. I had two servings of apple slices. I had already used my almond serving during my lunch, putting oil on my salad and I hadn't been able to buy any yogurt at the store yet. Apples alone it was.



Dinner
Salisburty Steak
+ Soupitizer Soup
Vegtables (at least 1 1/2 cuips)
1 Healthy Fat

I hate to say it but I never did get this meal in, I ended up falling asleep on the couch right after my seven o'clock lunch and just couldn't (and wouldn't) force in another meal. I failed at this one! :(



Evening Snack 
Bruschetta Veggie Chips***
(Honesy Mustard covered Pretzels)
1/2 cup Low fat Cottage Cheese  

As I mentioned earlier, I used my cottage cheese serving to have parmesean cheese on my salad with my lunch. ***I did have a bit of a munchies moment after that late lunch but wasn't in the mood for veggie chips so I did swap them out for the Honey Mustard Covered pretzels - so let me review them now instead. They were awesome! Tasted like any bag you would have bought from the store and in fact I had a hard time sharing the, even with my daughter needing to have a few. She also fed me a few which was quite cute!



And so that was Day 1!
For the sake of tagging I am going to stick to 'reviews' here and talk about the day in my next post.



 








No comments:

Post a Comment