Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 2: Meals

All Jenny pre packaged meals are in italics.



Breakfast
Mixed Berry Bar
1 Fruit
1 Cup Nonfat Milk
1/2 cup cottage cheese

First thing in the morning I woke up to my daughters father popping in to drop off breakfast for the baby. He had just left the doctors right around the corner and stop at McDonalds and got her a pancake breakfast with hashbrowns. This was very sweet and saved me having to make her breakfast - not that its any trouble. When the baby woke up she started to pick at this meal in bed and I remembered from the night before that I was having the mixed berry bar for breakfast, so I unwrapped it and ate it in bed with the baby. Because of this, I had only the bar and non of the other requirements for breakfast.

The bar was awesome. I really did like it! I am however not a big breakfast eater and before I realized it I had set the bar down on my night table and gotten my daughter and myself up and ready to head up to the doctors for my daily visit. I meant to grab the bar and take it with me to finish in the car but I forgot. :(



Morning Snack
Anytime Bar
1 Fruit

Again I had tossed this bar into my bag and ate it in the car after leaving the doctors office. I didn't even look at my menu as the bar is the morning snack for my entire week, so I didn't realize I had to eat a fruit serving to. Though the fruit serving is listed with every morning snack, because I didn't have any fruit during my Day 1 snack, I had completley forgotten that it comes with every morning snack. Oops.



Lunch 
Turkey Burger
Spinach Salad

I fixed the turkey burger in the microwave as it requires, but after I took it out of the microwave the bun was mushy as to be expected. I thought to pop the bun and the burger into the toaster oven for a few minutes and boy was this a great idea! It made all the difference and made the burger that much better. I know I'm starting to sound really redundant here but the burger was awesome! It is of course smaller than I'm used to, I could have eaten two or three happily, but it was so good! I'm really starting to be surprised at how good all the food on the menu has been thus far! Can it last? Seems too good too be true...

Anyway, I fixed the burger with the Barbeque sauce it came with and put some lettuce and tomatoe on it and served it with raw carrots and sugar snap peas. I'm lucky to love veggies as much as I do. This meal was awesome and I can definitley imagine its going to be one of my favorites of the week. It was also very sense and very filling in spite of being on the smaller size. In fact the last two bites filled me up.



Mid Day Snack
Snack Bar

I was under the impression that all the foods on the menu that are Jenny foods came with the first weeks purchase of food, however I was wrong as I would learn later in the day. The snack bar was one of these missing foods. I skipped this snack.



Dinner
Chicken Fettuccine
+ Soupitizer Soup 
Vegtables (minimum 2 cups)
1 Healthy Fat
2 Tlbs Parmesean cheese

It was while I was boiling the water to fix 1 1/2 cups of raw carrots (I mistakenly thought of day 1's dinner veggie requirements while cooking dinner) that I learned I hadn't misplaced the snack bar and Soupitizer's. While scanning the Jenny Community boards on my phone I learned what I had begun to think, these were extras you had to purchase. I also learned that when I didn't eat the Soupitizer with my first days dinner meal, I had to replace its 2 limited free foods. This is where I learned that I had to eat three servings of these free foods!

Come to find out as nice as the woman who I met with at the Centre was, she really did not explain things to me very well - or at all!

It ended up working out for the best because I learned that I could have some margarine on my carrots. I also used my healthy fat as margarine as well because I couldn't imagine anything else fitting in with my meals. I put the Parmesan cheese on the fettuccine and once again was incredibly pleased with the meal. It tasted as good as any pasta I would order from any restaurant. Again, shocked and pleased!

I ended up glad that I didn't fix two cups of carrots because even with sharing with my daughter I couldn't finish this entire dinner.

Also with dinner I had black iced coffee and used my milk serving from breakfast as creamer, 8 oz nonfat milk that is, with a few splenda. I was surprised at how good I actually found it. I couldn't believe while thinking of how I was going to have to force down milk, as I can't stand the stuff, I didn't realize I could use it as creamer and not have to give up my iced coffee! Duh! Now I just need to find some sugar free caramel flavoring or syrup!



Late Night Snack
2 Fruits
6 oz Nonfat Yogurt
1 Tbl Almonds

I have not even eaten this yet and too be honest I'm not sure I'm going to be able to. I might be able to force down a serving of milk instead of the yogurt which I still don't have and I can probably eat some apple slices if I try really hard but the almond serving is just going to have to take one for the team. I'll edit this later when I know whats happened.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment