Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 3: Meals


Breakfast

Cheddar Cheese Omelet
1 Fruit
1 Cup Nonfat Milk

Okay, so I'm in the fifth grade and sleeping over at my best friends house. Come morning, her mother makes for us sausage, pancakes and omelets. I am not a big egg eater but more than that I am an overly polite child so I eat the omelet. Flash forward a few hours and we are shopping in Fells Point, a harbor side neighborhood full of kitschy little stores, and I get the most intense food poisoning ever. In general, food poisoning is not fun. Add into that you're in the middle of Fells Point which does have public bathrooms, but they are often accompanied by the homeless, vomit, an occasional syringe and half drank liquor bottles. Not fun. Don't get me wrong, Fells is a very clean and very family friendly area. Its just that its in Baltimore City and there are some things in Baltimore City that you just cannot avoid.

So, I don't eat the omelet for breakfast. I don't cook it, I don't try a bite, nothing. Instead I have a small bowl of Special K Red Berry cereal (my all time favorite cereal - I will eat this over golden grahams!) with fat free milk. The cereal itself comes with freeze dried strawberries so I counted this as my fruit and milk servings.



Morning Snack

Anytime Bar
1 Fruit

My family decided to go on an outing so I did eat my anytime bar in the car but didn't have a fruit. :(



Lunch

Rotini with Meatballs
Garden Salad
Jenny's Dressing

I had a bit of a non scale victory here, we were in the car and I had brought my Jenny Meal with me, though I had no idea where or how I was going to cook it. It was a room temp meal but I didn't want to eat it uncooked, because to me, it was just that - uncooked. My family was going to stop somewhere (unhealthy) to eat and I had the option of joining them or it was looking like, just not eat. Instead I found a gas station and used their microwave! It was tidbit embarrassing, well lets be honest here, it would have been embarrassing,except I stayed in the car with my daughter and my mother went inside and cooked it for me. Let me just tell you here, there is not a person in this world who has a mother greater than mine. I'm not even sure there's a mother out there equal to mine! And obviously not just because she cooked my lunch for me. ;)

So I ate the pasta in the car as we drove and it was okay. It wasn't as amazing as some of the meals I've had but it was good. The chunks of meat were frequent and the pasta tasted as any pasta should. More than mediocre but not quite as impressive as some of the others. 



Afternoon Snack

2 Fruits
1/2 cup low-fat Cottage Cheese
2 Tbl Almonds


We had the most ri - freaking - diculous afternoon ever! You'll have to read on to hear about it but I wasn't able to get this snack in perfect. I did stop in a CVS and get a small package of fruit - but I didn't end up eating it. :( I would try to get it in later.



Dinner

Fish & Chips 
Vegetables (minimum two cups)
1 Healthy Fat

Once again, I was thanking the appliance God's for my toaster oven! I cooked the Fish and chips in the microwave as instructed and then popped the potatoes and fish into the oven. They came out crispy and delicious whereas when I'd taken them out of the microwave they were mushy and soggy looking! The fish and chips were good. Didn't taste like fresh Talapia by any means obviously, tasted similar to fish sticks but it was good. The meal came with a package of vinegar which I typically put on Boardwalk french fries but I didn't use the package for this meal. I also boiled two cups of carrots and threw in a handful of sugar snap peas. Overall the meal was satisfying for what it was. By that I mean if you sit down to this meal expecting Talapia and fresh red skin sauteed potatoes with onion bits and butter - you're going to be disappointed. If you sit down to this meal expecting some potato and fish stick like fish - you'll be pleasantly satisfied with the taste and quantity.



Evening Snack

Scheduled:  
Cookie
1 Cup Non-fat Milk
Actually ate:
Chocolate Cheesecake
2 Fruits

Now I know that I'm not supposed to swap foods with other days of the week - at least I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to - but after the day that I had I thought I deserved a piece of chocolate cheesecake! So I popped it onto a small plate, busted out that fruit container from earlier in the day I hadn't opened yet and sat down with the family in the den. Now, do I really need to even say that the chocolate cheesecake was banging?! It was amazing and just when I thought it couldn't possibly have been any better, I took each bite with a strawberry. Ohhhh maaannnn!!!! I almost melted into the couch! It was in freaking credible! Ten stars on a scale of one to five!








No comments:

Post a Comment