Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 5: Meals

Breakfast

Oatmeal Breakfast Square
1 Fruit
1 Cup Nonfat Milk
3/4 Cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese

I woke up Monday morning running very late to my daily doctors appointment. I grabbed my breakfast square and ran out the door and got into the office one minute before closing. I did not have time to eat anything for breakfast other than that bar. That bar was similar to the cheese curls in the sense that the first few bites were not the best but it really grew on me. By the time I finished I was liking it. It was heavy and very oat mealy (go figure!) and filling. I liked it!



Morning Snack


Anytime Bar*
1 Fruit

*I'm going to stop typing the same thing everyday, to see reviews of this bar go back to any other day in week one! :)

I didn't eat my fruit... again.



Lunch

Scheduled:
Salad Kit
Jenny Dressing
Garden Salad
Actually ates
Cheesy Potatoes and Chicken

As I mentioned yesterday I somehow got my lunch meals mixed up for days four and five. So I ate (or rather didn't eat) my salad kit yesterday and so today I ate what I had been scheduled to eat the day before, the cheesy potato and chicken meal. This meal was awesome. It was a bowl, pot pie like, with chicken and cheese and potatoes with peas and corn. It reminded me very much of a dish my mother used to make when I was a child that I called oven salad. I has an actual name but I can't remember what it is. Its a casserole dish with meat and onions on the bottom, peas and mashed potatoes on top. This meal tasted very similar, it was comfort food and though the chicken was fried which I'm not crazy about, it tasted awesome with everything else.



Afternoon Snack
 
1 Fruit
2 Tbl Almonds

Totally skipped this entire snack. I need to get back on track big time.



Dinner

Thai Style Curry
Vegetables (minimum 2 cups)
1 Healthy Fat
Added:
3 Wheat Crackers
1 Laughing Cow Wedge

I saw someone post on the JC forums that this Thai Curry was the worst of the JC meals. They said it was the last thing in the world they would ever eat again! lol I happen to be a fan of curry. I used to frequent a little Indonesian restaurant in my hometown that had the most amazing curry tofu. I was introduced to it by friends and I think that it is probably an acquired taste. If you don't like curry you aren't going to like this meal at all, as it has a lot of curry flavor in it.

So let me say, for what it is, its good. It taste like your typical Thai curry meal. Not the most seasoned of all things but nothing disappointing about it.

I had this meal with three wheat crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Garlic & Herb cheese spread.



Evening Snack

Cake
1 Cup Nonfat Milk
Added:
3 Wheat Crackers
1 Laughing Cow Wedge

I did have my little cakes for desert, the two little chocolate cakes and though they were a bit dry the chocolate taste was incredible and the icing was perfectly sweet. I was definitely happy with this desert. I was also many calories short for the day so I also had another three crackers and another wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment